1. at the thought of一想到…
2. as a whole (=in general) 就整体而论
3. at will 随心所欲
4. (be) abundant in(be rich in; be well supplied with) 富于，富有
5. access(to) (不可数名词) 能接近，进入，了解
6. by accident(=by chance, accidentally)偶然地，意外. Without accident(=safely) 安全地，
7. of one’s own accord(=without being asked; willingly; freely)自愿地 ,主动地
8. in accord with 与…一致 . out of one’s accord with 同…。不一致
9. with one accord (=with everybody agreeing)一致地
10. in accordance with (=in agreement with) 依照，根据
11. on one’s own account
1) 为了某人的缘故， 为了某人自己的利益
2) (=at one’s own risk) 自行负责
3) (=by oneself)依靠自己
12. take…into account(=consider)把..。考虑进去
13. give sb. an account of 说明， 解释 (理由)
14. account for (=give an explanation or reason for) 解释， 说明。
15. on account of (=because of) 由于，因为。
16. on no account(=in no case, for no reason)绝不要，无论如何不要(放句首时句子要倒装)
17. accuse…of…(=charge…with; blame sb. for sth. ; blame sth. on sb. ; complain about) 指控，控告
18. be accustomed to (=be in the habit of, be used to)习惯于。
19. be acquainted with(=to have knowledge of) 了解; (=to have met socially) 熟悉
20. act on 奉行，按照…行动; act as 扮演; act for 代理
21. adapt oneself to(=adjust oneself to) 使自己适应于
22. adapt…(for) (=make sth. Suitable for a new need) 改编， 改写(以适应新的需要)
23. in addition (=besides) 此外， 又， 加之
24. in addition to(=as well as, besides, other than)除…外
25. adhere to (=abide by, conform to, comply with, cling to, insist on, persist in, observe, opinion, belief ) 粘附; 坚持， 遵循
26. adjacent(=next to, close to) 毗邻的， 临近的
27. adjust..(to) (=change slightly)调节; 适应;
28. admit of (=be capable of, leave room for) …的可能，留有…的余地。
29. in advance (before in time) 预告， 事先
30. to advantage 有利的，使优点更加突出地
31. have an advantage over 胜过
have the advantage of 由于…处于有利条件
have the advantage of sb。知道某人所不知道的事
32. take advantage of (=make the best of, utilize, make use of, profit from, harness)利用
33. agree with 赞同(某人意见) agree to 同意
34. in agreement (with) 同意， 一致
35. ahead of 在…之前， 超过…;……………. ahead of time 提前
36. in the air 1)不肯定， 不具体. 2)在谣传中
37. above all (=especially, most important of all) 尤其是， 最重要的
38. in all (=counting everyone or everything, altogether) 总共， 总计
39. after all 毕竟，到底; (not) at all 一点也不;
all at once(=suddenly)突然; once and for all 只此一次; above all 最重要的; first of all 首先; all in all 大体上说; be all in 累极了; all but 几乎
40. allow for (=take into consideration, take into account) 考虑到， 估计到
41. amount to (=to be equal to) 总计， 等于。
42. answer for (undertake responsibility for, be liable for, take charge for) 对…负责。
43. answer to (=conform to) 适合，符合。
44. be anxious about 为…焦急不安; 或anxious for
45. apologize to sb. for sth. 为…向…道歉
46. appeal to sb. for sth. 为某事向某人呼吁. appeal to sb. 对某人有吸引力
47. apply to sb. for sth. 为…向…申请; apply for申请; apply to 适用。
48. apply to 与…有关;适用
49. approve of (=consent to, be in favor of, favor, agree to, consider good, right) 赞成， approve vt. 批准
50. arise from(=be caused by) 由…引起。
51. arrange for sb./sth. to do sth. 安排…做…
52. arrive on 到达; arrive at 到达某地(小地方);得出，作出; arrive in 到达某地(大地方);
53. be ashamed of (=feel shame, guilt or sorrow because of sth. done) 以…为羞耻
54. assure sb. of sth. (=try to cause to believe or trust in sth.) 向…保证， 使…确信。
55. attach(to) (=to fix, fasten; join) 缚， 系 ,结
56. make an attempt at doing sth. (to do sth.) 试图做…
57. attend to (=give one’s attention, care and thought)注意，照顾;attend on(upon)(=wait upon, serve, look after) 侍候，照料
58. attitude to/ toward …对…的态度。看法
59. attribute…to…(=to believe sth. to be the result of…)把.。归因于.., 认为.。是.。的结果
60. on the average (=on average, on an average) 平均
61. (be) aware of (=be conscious of , having knowledge or consciousness)意识到，知道。
62. at the back of (=behind) 在…后面
63. in the back of 在…后部(里面); on the back of 在…后部(外面); be on one’s back(=be ill in bed) 卧病不起。
64. at one’s back(=supporting or favoring sb.) 支持，维护; have sb. at one’s back 有…支持， 有…作后台
65. turn one’s back on sb. (=turn away from sb. in an impolite way) 不理睬(某人),背弃，抛弃
66. behind one’s back 背着某人(说坏话)
67. be based on / upon 基于
68. on the basis of 根据…, 在…基础上
69. beat…at 在…运动项目上打赢
70. begin with 以…开始. to begin with (=first of all) 首先， 第一(经常用于开始语)
71. on behalf of (=as the representative of) 以…名义
72. believe in(=have faith or trust in; consider sth./sb. to be true) 相信，依赖，信仰。
73. benefit (from) 受益，得到好处。
74. for the benefit of 为了…的利益(好处)
75. for the better 好转
76. get the better of (=defeat sb.) 打败， 胜过。
77. by birth 在出生上，论出身，按血统 at birth 在出生时; give birth to 出生
78. blame sb. for sth. 因…责备某人 . blame sth. on sb. 把…推在某人身上
79. in blossom开花(指树木) be in blossom开花(强调状态) come into blossom开花(强调动作)
80. on board 到船上， 在船上， 上火车或飞机
81. boast of (or about) 吹嘘
82. out of breath 喘不过气来
83. in brief(=in as few words as possible)简言之
84. in bulk 成批地，不散装的
85. take the floor 起立发言
86. on business 出差办事。
87. be busy with sth。于某事。 be busy doing sth. 忙于做某事
88. last but one 倒数第二。
89. but for (=without) 要不是. 表示假设
90. buy sth. for…money 用多少钱买
91. be capable of 能够， 有能力
be capable of being +过去分词：是能够被…的
92. in any case(=for love or money, at any rate, at any price, at any cost, whatever happens; anyhow)无论如何
93. in case (=for fear that) 万一;
94. in case of (=in the event of)如果发生…万一
in the case of 至于…, 就…而言
95. in no case在任何情况下都不(放句首倒装句)
96. be cautious of 谨防
97. center one’s attention on(=focus one’s attention on) 把某人的注意力集中在…上
98. be certain of (=be sure of) 有把握， 一定。
99. for certain of (=for sure )肯定地，有把握地
100. by chance(=accidentally, by accident)偶然
中考英语重要的词组 短语 句子
1. …as soon as… 一… 就…
Mary will tell her brother this message as soon as he sees him.
We went climbing as soon as we arrived / got / reached there.
2. as + adj./adv.+ as… …和…一样（的 / 地）…
not as(so)…as… …不如 / 不比 … ….
Li Lei runs as fast as Jim.
John is not as (so) old as you.
This TV series is not as (so) interesting as that one.
3. as +adj./adv.+ as possible 尽可能 … 的 / 地 …
We should speak English as much as possible in English class.
Can you read the sentence as slowly as possible?
4. ask sb for sth 向某人要求某物
When you get lost, you can ask the police for help.
Some students often ask their parents for money to play video games.
He asked his parents for a bicycle as his birthday present.
5. ask/ tell sb. (how) to do sth 询问 / 告诉 某人如何做某事
Many students often ask their teachers how to learn English well.
Let me tell you how to send an e-mail.
6. ask / tell /want sb (not) to do sth. 要求（让）/ 告诉 / 想要 某人 做（不做）某事
The nurse told me to take this medicine three times a day after meals.
The teacher often tells me to study harder.
He asked me not to make the same mistake again.
7. make/ let /have sb. (not) do sth 使 / 让 某人做（不做）某事
He made the child cry loudly.
He made me wait for long (for a long time) at the gate of the cinema yesterday.
Mother didn’t let us play football until we finished our homework.
That boss made the workers work (for) ten hours a day.
8. be afraid of doing / to do/that 害怕 / 不敢 做某事
The little girl is afraid to go out in the evening / at night.
He is afraid of staying at home alone.
许多人担心他们会失去工作。（be afraid that）
Many people are afraid that they will lose their jobs.
9. be busy with sth. / doing sth. 忙于某事 / 做某事
Now students are busy preparing for the exams.
Mother was busy with housework yesterday afternoon.
Mother was busy doing housework yesterday afternoon.
10. be famous / late /ready / sorry for sth.
因…而著名 / （做）…迟到了 / 晚了 / 为…准备 / 为… 而抱歉
If you don’t hurry, you will be late for work.
Hangzhou is famous for silk.
We have been ready for the Olympic Games.
I am sorry for my mistake.
11. be glad that 很高兴…
I am very glad that you can come to the evening party.
The teacher was very glad that our class was the first / won the first prize.
12. give/ show/ bring/ lend/ send/ pass/ tell / offer sth to sb
buy/give/ show/ send/ pass/ bring/ lend/ tell sb. sth
Please pass me a piece of paper.
=Please pass a piece of paper to me.
Please show me your picture.
=Please show your picture to me
He lent me a bike.
=He lent a bike to me.
Don’t forget to bring me some money when you come here next time.
= Don’t forget to bring some money to me when you come here next time.
13. either…or… 或… 或…, 不是… 就是…, 要么…要么…
Either you or he is right. V. 就近原则
We either go to a park or stay at home every weekend. (at/on weekends.)
People can either read newspapers or watch TV to get to know the world.
14. neither…nor… 既不… 也不…, 两者都不…
Neither he nor I have ever read this book. V. 就近原则
The girl is already ten, but she can neither read nor write.
15. enjoy/ finish/mind/ keep/ practise/go on doing sth.
We should often practice speaking English.
My grandma has kept doing exercise in the morning for ten years.
16. find /think / feel + it + adj. （for sb.）to do sth. 发现/ 认为/觉得 做某事 如何
More and more people have found it unhealthy to eat too many hamburgers.
A lot of students have found it very hard to make friends at college.
17. get + adj. 的比较级 + and + adj. 的比较级 变得越来越…
It gets warmer and warmer on the earth.
Spring is coming and it’s getting warmer and warmer.
Beijing is becoming more and more beautiful.
18. The + adj./adv.的比较级， the + adj./adv.的比较级。 越..., 就越…。
The colder it is, the more people wear.
The more trees we plant, the cleaner the air will be.
The more we practice speaking English, the better we can speak.
The stronger you are, the less chance you will catch a cold.
19. It is + 序数词+ adj./adv.的最高级 + n.
The Yellow River is the second longest river in China.
He runs the second fastest in our class.
20. one of the + 最高级 + n. (pl.) 是最…之一者
Yao Ming is one of the best basketball players in the world.
Sanya is one of the most beautiful cities in China.
21. be/get ready for… 为… 做准备
get … ready 准备好…
Beijing is getting ready for the Olympic Games.
Ms. / Mr. Liu asked us to get the paper and pens ready for the dictation in class.
22. had better (not) do sth. 最好（不）做某事
You’d better go home earlier after school.
You’d better not take an airplane to Macau / not fly to Macau / not go to Macau by air.
23. help sb. (to) do sth. 帮助某人做某事
help sb. with sth. 在某方面帮助某人
I was helping my mother (to) wash clothes at 4 o’clock yesterday afternoon.
Students help farmers with the apple harvest every year.
24. I don’t think that… 我认为 / 想 / 觉得 …不…。
I don’t think he should give up learning English.
He has got a fever. I don’t think he will go for a picnic tomorrow.
25. would like sth.
would like to do sth.
would like sb. to do sth.
Would you like something to drink?
Would you like to drink something?
Would you like to go to the New Year concert with me?
I would like him to buy a dictionary for me.
26. It is + adj. + for sb. to do sth. 对某人来说，做某事……
It is very difficult for them to remember so many words.
It’s quite necessary for students to do the eye exercises.
27. It’s good / better / best / bad / worse / worst (for sb.) to do
做某事 好 / 更好 / 最好 / 糟糕 （很不好） / 更糟糕 / 最糟糕
It’s good to take a walk / go for a walk after dinner / supper.
It’s better for them to take an airplane to Sanya / to fly to Sanya.
It’s very bad to read in strong sun.
28. It’s good / bad for… 对……有好处 / 不好。
It’s good for your lungs to practice swimming.
(Practicing swimming is good for your lungs.)
29. It is a good idea to do sth. 做某事是个好主意。
It is a good idea to have a picnic tomorrow.
It is a good idea to hold / have a birthday party for him.
30. sth. looks /sounds/smells/tastes/feels like …
某物 看上去 / 听起来 / 闻起来 / 尝起来 / 摸起来（感觉） 像 ……
This kind of sweets look like glass.
This piece of cake tastes like strawberries.
His suggestion sounds like a good idea.
31. sth. looks /sounds/smells/tastes/feels + adj.
某物 看上去 / 听起来 / 闻起来 / 尝起来 /摸起来（感觉） 怎么样 ……
His idea sounds a little strange.
The soup smells nasty / revolting.
This toy bear feels so soft.
32. It seems to sb. that… 对某人来说，某事似乎、好像……
It seems to him that this question / problem is a little difficult.
It seems to many people that houses are the most important.
33. It takes sb. some time to do sth.. 某人花费…时间做某事。
It takes me half an hour to watch the news every evening.
It took him a whole day to finish making a model plane.
How long does it take your grandfather to do exercise / do some sports every day?
34. spend … on sth. (+ n. / pron.) 某人在某方面花费（时间/金钱）spend … (in) doing sth. (+ v.-ing) 某人花费（时间/金钱）做某事
The girl spent a lot of time on her lessons last term.
She spent all her life / lifetime in finishing writing this biography.
How long does he spend on English study every day?
35. It’s time( for sb.) to do sth. / It’s time for sth. 该到（做）……的时候了。
It’s time to go home. It’s time for home.
It’s time to have a meeting. It’s time for a meeting.
It’s time for Tom to take medicine.
It’s time for us to borrow books from the library.
36. It’s … meters (years) long (high, old, wide).
Chang an Street is about 10 kilometers long and 60 meters wide.
The building is forty meters high.
37. keep sb. doing sth. 让 / 使某人一直做某事
Hurry up! Don’t keep them waiting too long.
His parents always keep him practicing playing the piano.
38. keep / make + n. / pron. + adj. 保持 / 使……怎么样
请你把门敞开着好吗？(Will you please do …?)
Will you please keep the door open?
Please keep the reading room clean and tidy.
It’s our ty to keep the city clean.
What he said made his parents very angry.
39. like doing / like to do
My younger sister likes singing and dancing very much.
His parents don’t like to travel by plane / air.
40. not … at all. 根本不……，一点儿不……。
This child is not lovely at all.
I don’t know this new teacher at all like all the others in my class.
41. not … until… 直到……才……
The policemen won’t come back until they find the lost child.
He didn’t hand in his homework until the first period was over.
42. One … the other… 一个……，另一个……
Some… others… 一些……，另一些……
I have two hobbies. One is swimming, the other is skating.
There are two classes on Wednesday afternoon. One is chemistry, the other is politics.
All the students are doing some cleaning. Some are sweeping the floor, others are cleaning the windows.
43. prefer…to… 比起…，更喜欢…。
I prefer peaches to pears.
Tom prefers surfing to swimming in summer.
prefer to do…rather than do… 宁愿做……也不愿做…..
He prefers to go to school on foot rather than go to school by bike on a snowy day.
He prefers to walk to school rather than ride to school on a snowy day.
44. see/ hear sb. do / doing sth 看见 / 听到 某人做了某事 / 在做某事
I heard someone knocking at / on the door when I was cooking.
Suddenly, I saw him fall off the bicycle.
42. too + adj. / adv. + to do sth. 太……以至于不……
This classroom is too small to hold forty students.
Sandy is too young to go to school by himself.
It’s too windy to go boating today.
45. so + adj. / adv. + that 从句 太……以至于……
This film is so interesting that I want to watch / see it again.
This problem was so difficult that neither Sue nor I could work it out.
Yao Ming plays basketball so well that many people in / around the world know him.
43. such a / an + adj. + n. (可数) + that 从句 某事物太……以至于……
It’s such an interesting film that I want to see / watch it again.
It was such an interesting detective novel that he forgot to have dinner.
44. stop to do sth. 停下来做某事 （另一件事）
stop doing sth. 停止做某事 （正在做的事）
He stopped to have a cup of tea, and then went on working.
Students stopped talking with each other as soon as the bell rang.
45. take / bring sth with sb. 把……带上 / 带……来
It’s going to rain. You’d better take an umbrella (wth you).
Don’t forget to bring your cameras tomorrow.
46. thank sb for sth. / doing sth. 因为……感谢某人 / 感谢某人做了某事
Thank you very much for your help.
Thank you for telling us the news / message.
Thank you very much for inviting us to visit your school.
47. There is something / nothing wrong with… ……有了/ 没有问题，出了/
On my way home there was something wrong with my bike, so I was late for the first class.
There is nothing wrong with the computer. It doesn’t need repairing.
What’s the matter /wrong with…? ……怎么了？
What’s the matter / wrong with your watch? It doesn’t work.
—What’s the matter/ wrong with Li Ping?
—He’s got stomachache. He doesn’t feel like eating anything.
48. used to do sth. 过去常常做某事
used to be + n. / adj. 曾经是……
Mike used to play basketball but now he is interested in playing football.
He used to be a history teacher but now he is a businessman.
It used to be a clear river but now it’s getting dirtier and dirtier.
49. What about / How about + n. / pron. / doing…?
…… / 做某事 怎么样？（提建议）
It’s raining now. How about tomorrow?
What about going skating after school?
50. Why don’t you do …? / Why not do…? 为什么不做某事呢？ （提建议）
Why not have a try?
It’s a nice day. Why not go out for a walk?
51. Will (Would / Could) you please (not) do sth.? 请您做某事好吗？（礼貌地请求）
Would you please turn down the radio a little bit?
Could you please say this word again in English?
Would you please not make much noise in the hospital?
52. both…and… 两者都
Both Lily and Liz are good at playing the piano.
(Lily and Liz are both good at playing the piano.)
Both father and mother came back late yesterday evening/ last night.
(Father and mother both came back late yesterday evening/ last night.)
53. not only…, but also… 不但……而且……， 不仅……还……
长城不仅是中国的骄傲，也是世界的骄傲。(the pride of)
The Great Wall is not only the pride of China, but also the pride of the world.
54. stop / keep / prevent + o. + from doing sth. 阻止……做某事
The serious traffic jam stopped him from catching the last train.
The policeman prevented that boy from playing with fire just now.
55. get on with sb. 与某人相处
I hope you can get on well with other students in the new school.
get on with sth. 继续
Please get on with your work.
56. be able to do sth. 能 / 会做某事，有能力做某事
Is a 10-month baby able to walk?
He was able to know over /more than one thousand words at two.
57. be proud of 为......感到骄傲、自豪
All the Chinese (people) are proud of our gymnasts.
58. have nothing to do with 与……无关
What he thinks has nothing to do with me.
59. What do you mean by doing sth.? 你做某事是什么意思？
What do you mean by saying this?
60. What do you think of …? / How do you like…? 你认为......怎么样？
What do you think of / How do you like my new house?
What do you think of / How do you like moving to the suburbs to live?
61. It is said that… 据说…
It is said that he used to be a football player.