The Children were as busy as bees，making Preparations for the festival.
The Chinese people stood up like agiant.
Use a book as a bee does a flower.
The childhood shows the man, as morning shows the day.
The muscles of his brawny arms are as strong as iron bands.(Longfellow)
Parks are to the city as lungs are to the body.
Our village is no less beautiful than this picture.
his woman made him fetch and carry just as if he was a geat Newfoundland dog.
His heart shivered as a ship shivers at the mountainous crash of the waters.
Cultivation to the mind is as necessary as food to the body.
Death may be as heavy as Taishan or as light as a feather.
An indivial is to the revolutionar as a screw is to a machine.
Just as we sweep our rooms,so we should sweep backward ideas from our minds.正像打扫房屋一样，我们也要扫除我们头脑中落后的东西。
What salt is to food,that wit and humour are to conversation and literature.
What blood vessel is to a man’s body,that railway is to transportation.
The first time I read an excellent book,it is to me just as if I had gained a new friend.
With the development of these new tools,it is as if man has suddenly become a millionaire of the mind.
You might as well expect a river to flow backward as hope to move me.
as bald as a coot 头发脱光的（像黑鹅一样秃）
as blind as a bat 有眼无珠（像蝙蝠一样瞎）
as blind as an owl 瞎透了（像猫头鹰一样瞎）
as bold as brass 厚颜无耻（像黄铜一样厚脸皮的）
as busy as a bee 极忙碌（像蜜蜂一样忙碌）
as clear as a bell 健全的（像铃铛一样健全）
as clear as day 一清二楚的（像白天一样清楚）
as cool as a cucumber 极为冷静的（像黄瓜一样冷静）
as easy as a pie 极容易（像馅饼一样容易）
as fussy as a hen with one chick 在小事上瞎操心
as hard as the nether millstone 铁石心肠(像下层的磨石坚硬）
as hungry as a hunter 非常饥饿（像猎人一样饥饿）
as lively as a cricket 极活泼（像蟋蟀一样活泼）
as mad as a wet hen 非常生气（像弄湿的母鸡一样生气）
as mild as a dove 非常温和（像鸽子一样温和）
as plain as the nose in your face 一清二楚（像你脸上的鼻子一样清楚）
as poor as a church mouse 赤贫的（像教堂的老鼠一样穷）
as proud as a peacock 极骄傲（骄傲得像只孔雀）
as strong as a horse 健壮如牛
as stupid as an owl 极愚蠢（像猫头鹰一样愚蠢）
as thin as a wafer 极薄（像糯米纸一样薄）
as true as steel 绝对可靠（像钢一样可靠）
英文优美的句子 短语 谚语 修辞 形容词 比喻 高考的
1.爱屋及乌 Love me, love my dog.
2.百闻不如一见 Seeing is believing.
3.比上不足比下有余 worse off than some, better off than many; to fall short of the best, but be better than the worst.
4.笨鸟先飞 A slow sparrow should make an early start.
5.不眠之夜 white night
6.不以物喜不以己悲 not pleased by external gains, not saddened by personnal losses
7.不遗余力 spare no effort; go all out; do one"s best
8.不打不成交 No discord, no concord.
9.拆东墙补西墙 rob Peter to pay Paul
10.辞旧迎新 bid farewell to the old and usher in the new; ring out the old year and ring in the new
11.大事化小小事化了 try first to make their mistake sound less serious and then to rece it to nothing at all
12.大开眼界 open one"s eyes; broaden one"s horizon; be an eye-opener
13.国泰民安 The country flourishes and people live in peace
14.过犹不及 going too far is as bad as not going far enough; beyond is as wrong as falling short; too much is as bad as too little
15.功夫不负有心人 Everything comes to him who waits.
16.好了伤疤忘了疼 once on shore, one prays no more
17.好事不出门恶事传千里 Good news never goes beyond the gate, while bad news spread far and wide.
18.和气生财 Harmony brings wealth.
19.活到老学到老 One is never too old to learn.
20.既往不咎 let bygones be bygones
21.金无足赤人无完人 Gold can"t be pure and man can"t be perfect.
22.金玉满堂 Treasures fill the home.
23.脚踏实地 be down-to-earth
24.脚踩两只船 sit on the fence
25.君子之交淡如水 the friendship between gentlemen is as pure as crystal; a hedge between keeps friendship green
26.老生常谈陈词滥调 cut and dried, cliché
27.礼尚往来 Courtesy calls for reciprocity.
28.留得青山在不怕没柴烧 Where there is life, there is hope.
29.马到成功 achieve immediate victory; win instant success
30.名利双收 gain in both fame and wealth
31.茅塞顿开 be suddenly enlightened
32.没有规矩不成方圆 Nothing can be accomplished without norms or standards. 33.每逢佳节倍思亲 On festive occasions more than ever one thinks of one"s dear ones far away.It is on the festival occasions when one misses his dear most.
34.谋事在人成事在天 The planning lies with man, the outcome with Heaven. Man proposes, God disposes.
35.弄巧成拙 be too smart by half; Cunning outwits itself
37.赔了夫人又折兵 throw good money after bad
38.抛砖引玉 a modest spur to ince others to come forward with valuable contributions; throw a sprat to catch a whale
39.破釜沉舟 cut off all means of retreat；burn one‘s own way of retreat and be determined to fight to the end
40.抢得先机 take the preemptive opportunities
41.巧妇难为无米之炊 If you have no hand you can"t make a fist. One can"t make bricks without straw.
42.千里之行始于足下 a thousand-li journey begins with the first step--the highest eminence is to be gained step by step
43.前事不忘后事之师 Past experience, if not forgotten, is a guide for the future. 44.前人栽树后人乘凉 One generation plants the trees in whose shade another generation rests.One sows and another reaps.
45.前怕狼后怕虎 fear the wolf in front and the tiger behind hesitate in doing something
46.强龙难压地头蛇 Even a dragon (from the outside) finds it hard to control a snake in its old haunt - Powerful outsiders can hardly afford to neglect local bullies.
47.强强联手 win-win co-operation
48.瑞雪兆丰年 A timely snow promises a good harvest.
49.人之初性本善 Man"s nature at birth is good.
50.人逢喜事精神爽 Joy puts heart into a man.
51.人海战术 huge-crowd strategy
52.世上无难事只要肯攀登 Where there is a will, there is a way.
53.世外桃源 a fictitious land of peace away from the turmoil of the world;
54.死而后已 until my heart stops beating
55.岁岁平安 Peace all year round.
56.上有天堂下有苏杭 Just as there is paradise in heaven, ther are Suzhou and Hangzhou on earth
57.塞翁失马焉知非福 Misfortune may be an actual blessing.
58.三十而立 A man should be independent at the age of thirty.At thirty, a man should be able to think for himself.
59.升级换代 updating and upgrading (of procts)
60.四十不惑 Life begins at forty.
61.谁言寸草心报得三春晖 Such kindness of warm sun, can"t be repaid by grass. 62.水涨船高 When the river rises, the boat floats high.
63.时不我待Time and tide wait for no man.
64.杀鸡用牛刀break a butterfly on the wheel
65.实事求是seek truth from facts; be practical and realistic; be true to facts
66.说曹操,曹操到Talk of the devil and he comes.
67.实话实说speak the plain truth; call a spade a spade; tell it as it is
68.实践是检验真理的唯一标准Practice is the sole criterion for testing truth.
69.山不在高，有仙则名"No matter how high the mountain is, its name will spread far and wide if there is a fairy; "
70.韬光养晦hide one"s capacities and bide one"s time
72.天有不测风云Anything unexpected may happen. a bolt from the blue
73.团结就是力量Unity is strength.
74.“跳进黄河洗不清”"eve if one jumped into the Yellow River, one can not wash oneself clean--there"s nothing one can do to clear one"s name "
75.歪风邪气unhealthy practices and evil phenomena
76.物以类聚，人以群分Birds of a feather flock together.
77.往事如风"The past has vanished (from memory) like wind.; What in past, is pas
78.望子成龙hold high hopes for one"s child
79.屋漏又逢连阴雨Misfortunes never come singly. When it rains it pours.
80.文韬武略military expertise; military strategy
81.唯利是图draw water to one"s mill
82.无源之水,无本之木water without a source, and a tree wiithout roots
83.无中生有make create something out of nothing
84.无风不起浪There are no waves without wind. There"s no smoke without fire. 85.徇私枉法bend the law for the benefit of relatives or friends
86.新官上任三把火a new broom sweeps clean
87.虚心使人进步,骄傲使人落后Modesty helps one go forward, whereas conceit makes one lag behind.
88. 蓄势而发accumulate strength for a take-off
89.心想事成May all your wish come true
90.心照不宣have a tacit understanding; give tacit consent; tacit understanding 91.先入为主First impressions are firmly entrenched.
92.先下手为强catch the ball before the bound
93.像热锅上的蚂蚁like an ant on a hot pan
94.现身说法warn people by taking oneself as an example
95.息事宁人pour oil on troubled waters
96.喜忧参半mingled hope and fear
97.循序渐进step by step
98.一路平安，一路顺风speed somebody on their way; speed the parting guest
99.严以律己,宽以待人be strict with oneself and lenient towards others
101.有情人终成眷属"Jack shall have Jill, all shall be well."
102.有钱能使鬼推磨Money makes the mare go. Money talks.
103. 有识之士people of vision
104.有勇无谋use brawn rather than brain
105.有缘千里来相会Separated as we are thousands of miles apart, we come together as if by predestination.
106.与时俱进advance with times
107.以人为本people oriented; people foremost
108.因材施教teach students according to their aptitude
109.欲穷千里目，更上一层楼"to ascend another storey to see a thousand miles further; Ascend further, were you to look farther; Would eye embrace a thousand miles? Go up, one flight." a land of milk and honey
110.欲速则不达Haste does not bring success.
111. 优胜劣汰survival of the fittest
112.英雄所见略同Great minds think alike.
113.冤家宜解不宜结Better make friends than make enemies.
114.冤假错案"cases in which people were unjustly, falsely or wrongly charged or sentenced; unjust, false or wrong cases"
115.一言既出，驷马难追A real man never goes back on his words.
116.招财进宝Money and treasures will be plentiful
119. 众矢之的target of public criticism
120.知己知彼,百战不殆Know the enemy and know yourself, and you can fight a hundred battles with no danger of defeat.
121. 纸上谈兵be an armchair strategist
122.纸包不住火Truth will come to light sooner or later.
123.左右为难between the devil and the deep blue sea
(1) Kill two birds with one stone. 一箭双雕；一举两得。
(2) A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. 双鸟在林不如一鸟在手。
(3) Birds of a feather flock together. 物以类聚，人以群分。
(4) It’s an ill bird that fouls own nest. 家丑不可外扬。
(5) Fine feathers make fine birds. 人要衣装，马要鞍。
(6) A bird is known by its note, and a man by his talk. 听音识鸟，闻言识人。
(7) Each bird loves to hear himself sing. 鸟儿都爱听自己唱。（自我欣赏）
(8) You cannot catch old birds with chaff.(粗糠). 用粗糠捉不住老鸟。（有经验的人难骗。）
(9) Birds in their little nests agree. 同巢之鸟心儿齐。
(1) A cat has nine lives.猫有九条命；吉人天相。
(2) Cats hide their claws. 知人知面不知心。
(3) All cats are grey in the dark.. 黑暗之中猫都是灰色的。（人未出名时看起来都差不多。）
(4) A gloved cat catches no mice. 戴手套的猫，老鼠抓不到。（不愿吃苦的人成不了大事业。）
(5) When the weasel and the cat make a marriage, it is a very ill presage. 黄鼠狼和猫结亲，不是好事情。）
(6) Who will bwll the cat? 谁去给猫系铃？（谁愿意为大家冒风险？）
(7) The cat ts its eyes when stealing cream. 帽偷吃奶油的时候总是闭着眼睛。（掩耳盗铃）
(8) There are more ways of killing a cat than by choking it with butter. 杀猫的办法很多。（达到目的的途径很多。）
(9) Care kill a cat. 忧虑愁死猫。
(1) Don’t count your chickens before they’re hatched. 鸡蛋未孵出，先别数小鸡。（不要过早乐观。）
(1) A crow is never the whiter for washing herself often. 江山易改，本性难移。
(1) He who would hang his dog gives out first that it is mad. 欲加之罪，何患无词.
(2) A staff is quickly found to beat a dog with. 欲加之罪，何患无词.
(3) Love me, love my dog. 爱屋及乌.
(4) Too much pudding will choke a dog. 布丁太多噎死狗。
(5) Every dog has his day. 人人皆有得意时。
(6) Barking dogs don’t (seldom) bite. 爱叫的狗很少咬人。
(7) Let sleeping dogs lie. 勿惹事生非。
(8) Dead dogs bite not. 死狗不咬人。
(9) All are not thieves that dogs bark at. 狗见了叫的不一定都是贼。（不要以貌取人。）
(10) Every dog is a lion at home. 狗在家门口就成了狮子。
(11) Don’t be a dog (lying) in the manger. 莫学狗占马槽不吃草。（不要占着茅坑不拉屎。）
(12) Dog does not eat dog. 同类不相残。
(13) Scornful dogs will eat dirty puddings. 狗再傲慢也会吃脏布丁。
(14) A son never thinks his mother ugly,and a dog never ns its owner’s home however shabby it is.儿不嫌母丑，狗不嫌家贫。
(1) The frog in the well knows nothing of the great ocean. 井底之蛙，不知大海。
(1) The fox may grow grey, but never good. 狐狸毛色可变灰，但是本性难移。
(2) The fox preys farthest from his hole. 狐狸捕食，远离洞府。（兔子不吃窝边草。）
(3) When the fox preaches, then take care of your geese. 每当狐狸说教，当心鹅群被盗。
(4) When the fox says he is a vegetarian, it’s time for the hen to look out. 狐狸说它吃素的时候，母鸡就得注意。