1. The sting of a reproach is the truth of it. 指责带给你刺痛，正是它的忠实之处。
2. He that does what he should not, shall feel what he would not. 若做了不应该做的事，则将产生自己所不希望有的感觉。
3. All mankind are beholden to him that is kind to the good. 行善者，人人铭记之。
4. It’s the easiest thing in the world for a man to deceive himself. 自欺是世上最易之事。
5. It’s easier to prevent bad habits than to break them. 防止染上恶习远比消除恶习容易。
6. How few there are who have courage enough to own their faults. or resolution enough to mend them! 承认并改正错误，需要有足够的勇气和决心。
7. Trick and treachery are the practice if fools；they have not wit enough to be honest. 傻瓜习惯于诡计和背判的伎俩，他们还没聪明到学会真诚待人
8. Let our fathers and grandfathers be ＆#118alued for their goodness, ourselves for our own. 让父亲和祖辈因他们的善行受到尊重，让我们因我们自己的善行受到尊重。
9. Thirst after desert, not reward. 渴求美德而非奖赏。
10. If thou injure conscience, it will have its revenge on thee. 伤害良心，将受到良心的严惩。
11. None but the well-bred man knows how to confess a fault, or acknowledge himself in an error. 唯有有教养者方知如何承认错误，或意识到自己行为。
12. If you do what you should not, you must hear what you would not. 若做了不应做之事，则必然会听见不愿听之语。
13. An honest man will receive neither money nor praise； that is not his e. 正直的人既不收受他人的钱财，也不接受他人的奉承，这些都不是他应得的。
14. The honest man takes pains, and then enjoys pleasure. 正直的人先经历痛苦，然后享受欢乐。
15. Virtue and happiness are mother and daughter. 美德和幸福犹如母女。
16. A bad workman always blames his tools. 拙匠总怪工具差。
17.Sloth turneth the edge of wit.懒散能磨去才智的锋芒。
18.A bad beginning makes a bad ending.不善始者不善终。
19.Knowledge is a comfortable and necessary retreat and shelter for us in an advanced age; and if we do not plant it when young, it will give us no shade when we grow old. 学识可使老年时舒适地退隐和有所寄托；但如果年青时不使它扎下根，老年就得不到它的庇护。
20.Life is a pure flame, and we live by an invisible sun within us.生命是一束纯净的火焰,我们依靠自己内心看不见的太阳而存在。
21. A friend exaggerates a man´s virtue, an enemy his crimes.朋友宣扬人的美德，敌人夸大人的罪过。
22. Admonish your friends in private, praise them in public.在私底下要忠告你的朋友，在公开场合又表扬你的朋友。
23. A bad compromise is better than a good lawsuit.吃亏的和解也比胜诉强。
24. Virtue never grows old. 美德永远不会过时。
25.Every man is the architect of his own fortune. 每一个人都是自身幸福的建筑师。
26.A lazy youth,a lousy age. 少时懒惰老来苦。
27. Learning makes a good man better and ill man worse. 知识能使好人更好，坏人更坏。
28. There needs a long apprenticeship to understand the mystery of the world’s trade. 要知世事奥秘多，须要长期作学徒。
29. Patience and application will carry us through. 忍耐和专心会使我们度过难关。
30. A good healthy body is worth more a crown in gold.健康的身体贵於黄金铸成的皇冠。
Great hopes make great man.
Great minds think alike.
英雄所见略同He laughs best who laughs last.
谁笑到最后，谁笑得最好He that climbs high falls heavily.
He who does not advance loses ground.
逆水行舟，不进则退。If you sell the cow, you sell her milk too.
If you venture nothing, you will have nothing.
If you want knowledge, you must toil for it.
Instry is the parent of success.
It is hard to please all.
It is never too old to learn.
It is no use crying over spilt milk.
It is the first step that costs troublesome.
It is the unforeseen that always happens.
Man proposes, God disposes.
Many hands make light work.
Many heads are better than one.
Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there.